Saturday, April 18, 2015

Guest Post: Nadia of Mama Hearts Polish!

We're interrupting your regularly scheduled blog post to bring you a special guest post from the lovely and talented Nadia of Mama Hearts Polish!!  You will *love* how gorgeous her design turned out!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


radial-gradient-flower-stamping-essie-dj-play-that-song
Essie DJ Play That Song

Hi guys! I hope you're all having a lovely weekend. Today I'm taking over Shawna's blog as guest blogger and she's taking over mine. We decided to do a bestie twin nails look, both inspired by this design from IG user @opalliegh18.

In addition to swatches and nail care, my blog is about simple nail art and this is about as complicated as it's going to get. The design is a radial gradient with a flower image stamped on top. I came up with the idea of using neons and black stamping, instead of dark cremes and white stamping like the original, that way it's inspired by and not an exact copy.

essie-im-addicted-circle-gradient-nail-art
Essie I'm Addicted

This was my first time doing a radial gradient and my original choice of neons, green and pink, where not turning out right. They where blending together to create a muddy green color. It was not pretty or neon looking. So I dug through my stash and realized I don't own that many neons, obviously, that has to fixed. However, I was able to pull out Essie DJ Play That Song and I'm Addicted which are from previous neon collections, the first from 2013 and the latter from 2014. Now, I know these aren't the most brightest of neons but in terms of pigment, they are true neons, they both dry to a semi matte finish and pop with a white undie. I have swatches and reviews of both of these colors on my blog, here's DJ Play That Song, and here's I'm Addicted (these are from last year so my nails are super nubby).

radial-gradient-floral-stamping-uberchic-102-macro

To finish the look I used what looks like a type of rose design from UberChic 1-02 stamping plate with Wet N Wild Black Creme. My topcoat smudged the stamping a bit, which I'm annoyed about but at least you can't really tell unless you look at the macro.

So what do you guys think of our recreations? Let us know in the comments below. Have a great weekend!

Stalking is encouraged! Go follow Mama Hearts Polish at BloglovinFacebookInstagram, and Pinterest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So PRETTY!!  I *love* the colors she chose, and that she had the same plate!  Very lovely - thank you Nadia for crashing my blog! <3  Be sure to check out my post over at her blog today to see my design!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Both guest posts with amazing nails x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERDY! These colours are lovely and the stamping is great :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo pretty! This is a lovely design, I love that you switched it up from the original design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choice of gradient colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I did a radial gradient for my guest post with Sumeet as well, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous, I love this flower design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nadia, these are absolutely incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful! I love the inspiration and I love what you did as you were inspired by it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors your used for this. You ladies did such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I couldn't even tell about the smudge, not even in the macro.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a lot of fun, I hope to do it again sometime.

    ReplyDelete