Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Polish Post: Above The Curve Nail Polish "Tardis" and "Lemming Have It" pictures and review

Before I tell you about this fantastic polish, I have to admit something here that will probably shock, possibly even infuriate a few of you...

I have never seen Doctor Who. *winces*

In my defense, I have a very long list of things in my Netflix queue to work my way through watching, and while Doctor Who is on there, it is not towards the top.  BUT, I will start watching it soon since I just finished all seasons of Dexter, am finally getting over my anger at the completely horrible ending, and am looking for a new series to start.  So there!

Alright, on to the polish!!

First, let me tell you about the company itself.  They are called Above The Curve Nail Polish (website: http://abovethecurve.bigcartel.com/ and facebook page - head on over, give them a "like" and let them know MomMrsAndMe sent you: https://www.facebook.com/AboveTheCurveNailPolish ).  The long and short of their history is that Angel (creator) was diagnosed with scoliosis at the age of 12, and would have died if Shriner's Hospital for Children had not performed surgery on her spine (au gratis, I may add).  So now, she and her husband are repaying their gratitude by donating $1.00 from every bottle of polish sold to the Shriner's Hospital!  Now I don't know about you, but that's a good enough reason for me to buy tons of polish from them! Not only is it supporting a great cause, but it's helping to raise awareness for people with scoliosis. Talk about a great company!  After browsing their site it also looks like they have helped out the Breast Cancer Research Fund, too ^_^ Super people, super polish!

Alright, now that I am done gushing about the company, I'll gush about the polish :D  I bought two colors from them during their Mother's Day sale.  The colors are called "Tardis" (shown on my ring and middle fingers, and my thumb) and "Lemming Have It" (on my pink and pointer fingers)  I attempted to draw/paint a Tardis on my nail with the color Tardis, however it turned out not so great. I don't even know what it looks like, if it resembles anything.  But hey, I tried!  Practice makes perfect, so I will just have to perfect my technique for next time.  Until then, have a laugh or two at my Terrible Tardis :P  Here are pictures of the polish:





The polishes are holographic, though Lemming Have It is much more subtle, and has extra blue glitter in it that really adds great depth to the color itself.  Indoors, the holographic effect doesn't really show, but the colors themselves are beautiful enough without it that they still stand out.  If you are looking for a more subtle holo polish, these are definitely the way to go!

The polish went on smoothly, did not thicken as I painted, and only took two coats.  And did I mention all ATC polish is 3-free?  No Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, or Formaldehyde!  How about that - an indie company that makes great quality 3-free polish, and donates to charity?  Sounds like an all-around WIN to me ;)  You should definitely check them out and order some polish!

That's all for this post :) Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the colors! You can even let me know how bad my Tardis is - I can take it :P


2 comments:

  1. I love this nail polish! You're blog makes me want to go out and buy some. They have such an amazing color selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do!! I'm glad you like it, too! :D

      Delete