Monday, November 10, 2014

Polish Post: Pretty Serious Cosmetics "Swatch & Learn," "Stuck in the Middle," & "Undercover Mermaid"

Well it's Monday again.  Not much good I can say about it just yet - I'm still waiting for my coffee to kick in :P

So let's get started with some polish!!  A few months ago I participated in a little contest on the Pretty Serious Cosmetics Facebook page and won their Stop, Collaborate & Listen! collection!  There are three polishes to this collection, which I have to show you today!

Let's start with "Swatch & Learn:"

Outdoors






Indoors






Swatch & Learn is a green jelly with iridescent glitter flecks that give it a rainbow shift in sunlight, and copper and gold flakies.  It was opaque in 3 coats, dry in about five minutes to a shine, and applied suuuuuuuper smooth!  Clean-up was great, too, as most of the polish came off my skin with a quick scrape of my nail file.

Next up is "Stuck In The Middle:"

Outdoors






Indoors






Stuck in the Middle is a fuschia/red jelly with iridescent blue glass flakies.  Same application as Swatch & Learn, but this one just didn't want to be fully opaque, even after 3 coats.  You can still the nail bed underneath at most angles.

Last is my personal favorite - "Undercover Mermaid:"

Outdoors






Indoors






Undercover Mermaid is a lilac-ish/grey jelly with green iridescent flakies.  Smooth application, just as the others, this polish was opaque in 2 coats (though I added one more), dry in about 5 minutes to a shiny finish.  While there are glass flakies, they didn't really stand out, even in the sunlight, which was a little disappointing.  And the website described the color as a lilac/taupe, though in person it looks way more like a darker grey.  The polish is still really pretty, and I very much enjoy how it looks on my skintone :)

Overall, they are great polishes!!  I'm super happy I won them, because this is another indie company I can put on my radar for future purchases ;)

Here are some links for you:

Shop: Here

Facebook: Here

Instagram: Here

Have a wonderful day today - see you soon <3

*NOTE: Links I provide are NOT affiliate (i.e. I get no kickback when you click on them through my blog).  I simply provide them for your convenience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment