Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Erin Go Bragh!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I'm being lame this year and not doing anything fun - comes with being a stay at home mom of little ones :P  But we *did* all dress in green today - even though St. Patrick's actual color is blue... O_o

I have four St. Patrick's Day designs I did that I'd like to share with you today ^_^  I used various polishes purchased the last month that were created for this holiday!  Let's start with the design I did using the Philly Loves Lacquer St. Patrick's Day Trio:



This trio consisted of a gorgeous emerald green holo called "Gilded Shamrock," a gold dust glitterbomb called "Claddaugh Dust," and a gorgeous green dust glitterbomb called "Fearbhirigh."  The decals used were a freebie included when you purchased the full trio.

For the next design, I used a few polishes from the "7 Tales of Luck & Whiskey" box I purchased from Fairytale Finish:



I used "Irish Creme" by Lacquered Polish for the base - it's a beautiful Irish creme color with a light creme/gold shimmer, and for the glitter accent nails I used "Glitter Luck" by Model City Polish.  I freehanded the Celtic heart knots so that when put together (in the second photo) they resembled a Celtic clover ^_^

Next, I used the Smokey Mountain Lacquers St. Patrick's Day Duo:



I loooooooove the sparkly goodness of this duo!!  The orange is "Gentlemen Prefer Gingers" and it had a beautiful sparkle and subtle holo to it.  The green is "Shamrock Dreams" and it also has a holographic effect as well as a generous dusting of gold sparkly goodness ^_^  The Celtic knotted clover is a water decal I received from Green Goddess Creations.

The last design to show you is another I created using some more polishes from the "7 Tales" box:



This one was SUPER sparkly in the sun!!  I loved it!!  I used "Radioactive Leprechaun" by Fairytale Finish for the bright, neon green, and "Blarney Stone" by Simply Beautiful for the gorgeous gold and green holo glitter bomb topper.  I placed shamrock vinyls over Radioactive Leprechaun before layering Blarney Stone so that, when removed, there would be cute radioactive clovers :D  The dots were added for funsies - I felt leaving them with just one color was too boring.

So what do you think?  Which is your favorite design of these?  Are you totally over green manis now, and looking forward to Easter/Spring ones?  I know I'm stoked for that - bring on the pastels!!!  They are my weakness <3

Hope you all have a safe and blessed St. Patrick's Day!  As you slide down the banisters of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction ;)

19 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this post! I'm ALL about the St Pattys manicures! Give me all the green, rainbow and gold and most definitely your Celtic clover mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all but i think the first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are great but I think I like the first one best. Those glitterbombs are so pretty. The little decals add a nice touch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretties!!! I think the second is my fav

    ReplyDelete
  5. All really great looks! I love the holiday and I did nothing (but my nails for it) this year:/ My fav look is the first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the manis are pretty. I liked second one the most. I coincidentally did green scaled gradient this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one where you used Shamrock Dreams is my favourite, simply because the polish is so gorgeous!!! Not sick of green manis at all. I'll be moving into autumn stuff soon since I'm at the bottom of the earth...the spring manis are going to bum me out cos it's my favourite season and it seems so faaaaar away :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome manicures. I liked second most as i loved the contrast

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your manis, you did so many beautiful looks! The second one is my personal favorite though, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all! They look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love the second one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful nail colors, perfect for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! These are all stunning! I really love the Celtic heart image, your freehand never fails to amaze!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The first one is my favorite! I never knew St. Patrick's actual color was blue!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all great! I think the first one is what I would wear on St. Patricks Day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the hearts! The other designs are sparkly and pretty as well but I really like those Celtic hearts, really nice free hand.

    ReplyDelete