Saturday, July 26, 2014

Polish Post: Model City's Neon Collection - Swatches, Review, and Art

A few weeks ago, the indie brand Model City Polish released a gorgeous line of neons, and I got my hands on a set the moment they became available!  No really, the actual moment - I was sitting in my kids' room, waiting for them to fall completely asleep for their nap, with my phone hidden under their bed, constantly hitting the "refresh" button until the set showed "available" on her site. :P  What can I say, the colors are amazing!!  I had to have them!

I want to warn you all - this post is quite picture heavy.  I swatched each of the 5 colors, and created some awesome nail art using all of them.  Be prepared for some neon goodness!  Let's start with "Sparks:"

Outdoors




Indoors


Sparks has a beautiful golden shimmer to it in the sunlight, and is such a stunning orange.  It makes a neon statement without being obnoxious :)

I'll go ahead and tell you that every one of her neons went on like a dream!  Smooth, no goopyness, dried incredibly fast to a satin finish.  Some of the colors are a little thicker, so make sure the first coat is completely dry before applying the next, and give it a little time after you are done before you do anything that could damage the polish.  There's really nothing negative I could find about the polish.  The colors that are thinner than the others will require more coats to achieve opacity, or a solid base color underneath.  I am wearing 3 coats for each polish with a topcoat to make it shine.  

Next we have "Hot Pink Barbie:"

Outdoors




Inside


I think I've mentioned before that, in general, I do not care for most shades of pink, especially hot pinks.  That being said, when I saw this color, I immediately fell in love, and even shocked myself when I found I wanted to purchase it!  I love it because it's not just your average hot pink - this hot pink has a beautiful bluish/purple shimmer in the sunlight.  It is lovely!!! Perfect for summer!

Then we have my absolute favorite of the 5 - "Electric Lemonade:"

Outdoors




Indoors


I don't really think I need to say much about this polish.  I mean, just look at it!!!  *Drools*  The most beautiful of the bunch.  Love love love it!

Next up is "Purple Dragon:"

Outdoors




Indoors


Purple Dragon is a very unique neon in that it seems to shift colors in the sun from a gorgeous grape purple to an almost aqua blue.  The shimmer adds a great effect to this color.  It is most assuredly one of the best purple neons I have seen yet!

And last, but most certainly not least, is "Green Monster:"

Outdoors



Indoors


Green Monster is a jaw-dropping green with a gold/light green sparkly shimmer in the sunlight.  This color is so eye catching!  Green is already one of my favorite colors, and now I love it even more ^_^

I know it sounds like a gushy post, but truth be told, it is hard to find anything negative about Model City Polish.  Her brand is one of the best quality brands I've come across in the world of indie nail polish.  It's not just her nail polish that has me sold, it is also her fantastic customer service, as well as her lightning fast shipping!  I believe I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number the same evening I placed this order.  She is GOOD!

Here are some links for you of her site and social pages:

Facebook:  Here

Shop: Here

Instagram:  Here

She has a Limited Edition red wine colored holographic polish in her shop currently called "Pour Me Another" that I snagged and will have a swatch of in the near future on my own Facebook Page.  It is a stunner!  I suggest grabbing one before they are all gone!

Now as I stated earlier, I have some nail art for you!  Green Monster took me back to my childhood, and I felt I needed to re-create that memory using these awesome neons.  Behold!






Eh?  Eh?  Who here's an old-school TMNT fan??  My brother was a much bigger one than me, but I still remember the show, and the cool toys my brother had that he let me play with.  LOVE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - we will just pretend that terrible recently-released film claiming to be TMNT doesn't exist :P

Hope you enjoyed this polish post!  Stay tuned - on Monday I will have the second You-Pick-My-Art up on the blog!  Have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment