Friday, August 22, 2014

The Red Arrow

I'm pretty sure most of you don't know that one of my hobbies is archery :)  It is a hobby I picked up a few months ago thanks to a sweet groupon deal.  It's been a lot of fun, a huge stress reliever, and it's actually toning my arms a bit (always a bonus).  My "archer name" (my sister in law tells me I have to have one) is "The Red Arrow" - not to be confused with the muscle-ridden rich boy Green Arrow :P  I picked it because of my red hair, and I enjoy the color red in general.

So this Wednesday, I was *finally* able to purchase my own bow and arrows after having to use one of the academy's over-used bows!!  And (shocker), it's red!


Isn't it just puuuuuuuuuuurty? :D  I get to use it for the first time this Monday - I'm very excited!!

Last night I asked a friend what theme I should do on my nails that was quick and easy, since it was already 9pm by the time I could do my nails.  She suggested archery, since I just got my new bow.  So, I present to you, my archery nails!


I painted the bow and arrow to match mine ^_^  It is a very simple design, but I like it.  I used the Limited Edition color "Happy Primary Circumgyration" by Emerald & Ash for the background color. 



I love the shifts in this polish from a pearly super-light green to a slightly darker sea foam green.  It also has lots of silver sparkles, and an ever-so-subtle holographic effect in the sunlight.  It's a really lovely polish.

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!  I'll be posting the next set of You-Pick-My-Art photos within the hour, so keep watch on my Facebook page!

*Note: links I provide are NOT affiliate (i.e. I do not get a kickback when you click on the link through my blog). I simply provide them for your convenience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment