Thursday, August 28, 2014

Polish Post: Squishy Face Polish "Dusty Rose" and "Plumeria" Swatches and Review

How is everyone's week going so far?  It's almost over now, and then comes a 3-day weekend (thank you, Labor Day)!  I will be swatching the crap out of it :P  Lots to show you coming up!!

Today I've got two polishes from the brand Squishy Face Polish.  At the end of July, this brand was having a clearance sale - she got a new job and was clearing out her stock in order to close her shop for a bit.  I was a little disappointed, because I had just learned about this brand and really liked the colors she had available.  Fortunately I was able to snag two really pretty polishes before they were all gone.  The first of those colors I have to show you is called "Dusty Rose."

Outdoors




Indoors


Dusty Rose is a gorgeous rosy pink (as its title states), with a lovely holographic effect in the sunlight.  Application was nice and smooth, and the polish was opaque in 2 coats.  It dried very quickly to a flatter finish, as you can see in the photos (no topcoat added).  There was a slight amount of staining around my cuticles, but it came off rather easily with a few rounds of cleanup using a strong acetone remover.  Overall, it's a really nice polish.

The other color is "Plumeria."
Outdoors




Indoors


Plumeria is a light plummy purple color with a beautiful linear holographic effect in the sunlight.  The formula on this polish was a little thinner than Dusty Rose and took 3 coats to make it completely opaque.  Dried in the same amount of time, though, which is always a plus, and required no topcoat because it had such a nice shiny finish.  This color is definitely my favorite of the two :)

While the Squishy Face Polish shop says it is down for maintenance currently, I would still keep your eye on it.  She may very well re-open in the near future.  Here are some links for you:

Facebook: Here

Shop (currently down for maintenance): Here

Instagram: Here

I'm certainly hoping to see her back soon, maybe with some new colors!  One can only hope ^_^

I hope you all make it through your Thursday - Friday is right around the corner!  That also means another round of You-Pick-My-Art tomorrow :D  Stay tuned to my Facebook page to see what the choices will be this time!

*Note: Links I provide are NOT affiliate (i.e. I do not get any sort of kickback if you click on it through my post).  I simply provide them for your convenience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment