Tuesday, October 21, 2014

You-Pick-My-Art Frankenstein!

Ugh, I was a total bum with this design.  I hate to say it, but I was :(  This has not been the best week so far for me and my nail art.  I feel like the universe is trying to take away any time I may have for it in the worst ways - having my washing machine break while filling up with water, causing it to overflow gallons and gallons of water into my laundry room and hallway; causing my hallway and living room to now wreak from water-soaked carpet; dealing with two small children all day that refuse to nap; one toddler that refuses to go to bed and keeps getting up every 5 minutes; the list goes on.  It's been quite a hectic few days already - and it's only Tuesday >.<

So, by the time I was able to take a breath last night, it was already 10pm.  That pretty much left me with an hour (two tops if I wanted to risk being groggy the next day) to do this Frankenstein nail art.  I chose to do a minimalistic design in the interest of time, but one that still felt like a movie poster from the 1930's when the original movie came out.  I first found my favorite image on google of Boris Karloff as Frankenstein's monster:

Image Source: here

I then pulled it up in photo shop and did some fancy settings to make it look like this:

Original Image Source: here

I used this version of the monster as the inspiration for the design you see on my nails here:


I used a speed-dry solid black by Milani for the pointer finger, Cynthia by Zoya for the middle finger, Evvie by Zoya for the ring finger, and Dove by Zoya for the thumb and pinky, with a black crackle polish on top by Barry M.  I wanted to paint "buzz" words that would have been used for the movie posters, too, and two of the most common were "Feind(ish)" and "Monster" - I couldn't fit all of the word Fiendish on my finger, so I shortened it ;)  

For a forced-simplistic nail design, it's not too shabby.  Not my best, but not my worst, either.  Thank goodness I still have almost 2 weeks left of October to do some more killer Halloween-styled nail designs that have more flare to them :D

Anywho, hope you enjoyed the art!  I'll have a new blog post for you tomorrow featuring some new-to-me indies!  See you soon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment