Saturday, January 31, 2015

Big Little Lies - An Inspired Mani

Night owl post for you all!  I was so busy today that I completely forgot TODAY was the day to submit my mani inspired by "Big Little Lies," a book I recently read in this wonderful online group called The Polished Bookworms.  Each month, we all vote on a book to read, and at the end of the month, we discuss the book and create a mani inspired by the book!  To be honest, it was *really* hard for me to nail one down, mostly because I really didn't enjoy the book at all :-/

But!  I came up with something!  I based my mani off two things - the cover of the book, and a key part of the book that stood out for me: a string of pearls.  Now I can't really explain the pearls without giving away the book - sorry :P  But here is the cover image:


And here is my mani:




I painted sections of pastel blue, purple, pink, and white and layered a crackle effect topcoat to imitate the broken lollipop.  :)  

I've attached an in-linkz at the bottom of this post so you can see the other amazing and creative designs created by the rest of the talented ladies in this group ^_^  Hope you have a great night!


1 comment:

  1. Loved your design. It's sad you didn't like the book but hopefully you will enjoy next book.

    ReplyDelete