Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Untried Challenge: The Polish Bar

Happy New Year!!!  My number one resolution is to remember to write 2015 instead of 2014 whenever I have to date something ;)

Last night I posted this picture to my Facebook Page:


That is a list I've made of 32 different indie companies with polishes I own that remain "untried."  I am going to, in the next 40 days, try all of these!  I cut each of these into strips and put them in a box to draw them at random :)  The first draw last night was The Polish Bar, and the polish is "Spring Reverie."


Direct Sunlight




Indoors





Spring Reverie is a lovely medium/powdery blue color with a subtle holographic effect.  This polish was opaque in three thin coats and dried in under 5 minutes to a shiny finish, though I did add a topcoat in the photos above.  I have to admit that at first, I wasn't too sold on this polish, and was sure I'd be adding it to my De-stash Board on Pinterest.  It's not as vibrant in color and holographic effect as I usually like my polishes to be.  But as I've seen it in different lighting, it's starting to grow on me :)  I may just keep this one around!

Due to the oddly crappy weather we're having here in Phoenix, there will likely not be a new polish post from me tomorrow, unless I draw a brand that only has one Untried polish that I could quickly photograph tomorrow, when it is supposed to be nice and sunny again.  I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve, and are starting this 2015 with a lot of great resolutions!  See you soon <3

22 comments:

  1. I've got lots of untrieds too! I love this idea (sadly I have so many untrieds, I wouldn't make it through them even if I changed my mani everyday of the year). I've never heard of Polish Bar, but this is a gorgeous color. It's very delicate looking and looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I recently went through my polish to try to de-stash a bit and realized I had a TON of untrieds. That needed to change :D

      Delete
  2. Firstly, Happy New year. Lovely shade, This shade of light blue / grey tone is not easily available. Holo effect makes it more unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you as well! And I agree, it is definitely unique!

      Delete
  3. That's absolutely beautiful. I need to pick a month to do nothing but untrieds. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have soooo many untrieds that basically anything I wear would satisfy this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, and that blue is amazing. Happy New Year, and have fun with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year. This is such a great idea! I wish I could do something similar, but I have reached the point where idk what's untried anymore lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Roselynn!! You must have a bunch of polish!! :D

      Delete
  7. Happy new year! I'm right there with you with an abundance of untrieds :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year!! You should do an untried month, too! Or even just a week :D

      Delete
  8. I am going to try to make January my month of untrieds too. I have too many from holiday sales that I need to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! Most of the ones from this challenge actually aren't from holiday sales - I may have to do another one just for those lol

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year! I love the idea of randomly drawing a polish a to use from your untrieds! I actually really like this color, it has an understated elegance to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sumeet! And Happy New Year to you as well!!

      Delete
  10. Such a great idea to tame d growing list of untried. Loved the polish. I m a sucker fr holos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Setu - I think pretty much 80% of my polish is holo :D

      Delete
  11. Love this idea. I must say that I love your nails so perfect. The shade is pretty : Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anita!! Happy New Year to you, too!

      Delete