Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Polish Post: Colors by Llarowe "Gemini Rising" Pics and Review

I was up waaaaaaaaaaaay too early.  It's looking like a 4-cups-of-coffee kind of morning.  Anyone who knows me personally knows I am not a morning person.  Pre-kids, I used to be the person that stayed up till about midnight and sleep till nine or 10.  That changed radically after my first child, and I'm still trying to adjust :P

That being said, let's jump straight to the polish!  I'm not a chatty Kathy just yet ;)

I believe today Colors by Llarowe is doing a very small re-stock on their website (www.llarowe.com) of whatever polishes are listed - that means the summer colors!  Now as I said, it is limited, but if you miss any of them, they will be doing another re-stock soon.  One of the colors in this re-stock will be Gemini Rising, an amazingly gorgeous kelly green holo.  Check it out:


Outdoors in direct sunlight





Outdoors not in direct sunshine


Lightbox



Indoors 

Ho. Lee. Crap.  Amiright?  I mean, WOWZA, this color is a stunner!!  Green has always been one of my top go-to colors - polish, clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc.  I just love it, and it complements my red hair nicely.  When I saw this color in CbL's summer lineup, I had to have it.  Had to.  And now I do!!  And I'll tell you what - I'm gonna actually buy another bottle to have when this green runs out, because I will be using this color a LOT.

The application was GREAT!  Every holographic polish I have used from CbL thus far has gone on very smoothly and is opaque in one coat, though I did two (I usually always do a minimum of two).  Going on day 3 and still no chipping or worn-out fingernail tips.  There's really nothing I could say negative about this polish.  It is amazing, and you need it in your life!!!  

By the way, the gold dotting on my pointer finger is the Gemini constellation :)  I used one of the freebies I got from CbL in the color "Silver and Gold" (I do not see it on their site, so it is probably discontinued).  Hard to see it over the power of the holo in the polish, though, but I really don't mind ;)

Here's a direct link to their polishes:

As far as what time they will be re-stocking, it will be at 11am PST, and again at 6pm PST.  

Have a great Hump Day - the week is almost done!! I'm going to go get coffee cup number 2 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment