Friday, December 5, 2014

Challenge Your Nail Art: Snowmen

Alright...as soon as I saw this challenge theme, I knew exactly what I wanted to do - and it was going to be unconventional, and probably only familiar to a certain "crowd."



How many of you are familiar with the old comics of Calvin and Hobbes?  Well I am, and my hubby absolutely adores them!  My favorite of the cartoon is alllllll the awesome snow man ones, and I have made it my goal to re-create a few of them in real life, the next time I visit or live somewhere with snow ^_^

So, I decided to take one of my favorite snowman Calvin and Hobbes, and put it on my nails for this mani!!  Here is the inspiration comic:


And here is my design:



I had to cut the little dialogue lines because, to be perfectly frank, there just wasn't enough room on my nails for it :-/  But, I wanted the picture there, because it is still comical :D  I am very happy with it, and I hope for those of you that remember these, it's a little wave of pleasant nostalgia ^_^

I'll be back tomorrow with another polish post for you!  See you soon <3



14 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I cannot even! Seriously awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you freehand that?!?!?! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I'm kinda shocked it turned out as well as it did :P Glad you like it!!

      Delete
  3. Love Calvin and Hobbes!!! What a fantastic job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEeeeeppp so cute! Your freehand is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that we both had similar thoughts for this! I actually did the sharks for my nail art last year on my non-dominant hand (such a pain in the butt to do!). Awesome job, yours turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Sharks when you linked back to it - kudos on doing it on the non dominant hand - that is totally impressive!!! And thanks, I'm glad you like this design!! <3 <3

      Delete
  6. Heehee! These make my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete