Thursday, December 18, 2014

Polish Post: Smokey Mountain Lacquers Holiday 2014 Set

Good morning my lovelies!  Today I've got the Holiday 2014 Set by Smokey Mountain Lacquers to show you!  It's a beautiful set of three polishes with three glitter toppers!  I paired each polish to a glitter to show to you, rather than swatching every polish individually.  I also did three different designs to show you just a few of the many ways you can wear a glitter topper ^_^  So let's get started!

First up to show you is "Frost Fairy" with "Frosty Blew Up:"







Frost Fairy is a lovely icy blue metallic polish, opaque in 3 thin coats, and drying in under five minutes to a shiny finish.  Application was super smooth with this polish, too, and not nearly as streaky as most metallics (though there was still a subtle streaking - so make sure you're applying in the same consistent direction).  Frosty Blew Up is full of various sized white, iridescent, and blue hex glitters.  This applied evenly and dried in under 5 minutes to a slightly textured finish.  This topper reminds me of the snow in snowglobes - lots of wintery possibilities with this topper!  I did a glitter gradient starting at the nail tips and pulling down towards the cuticles, thinning the amount of glitter as I went.

The second set to show you is "Halo" with "Bling Crosby's Christmas:"







Halo is a gorgeous white creme with a green iridescent shimmer.  This is my favorite solid color of the bunch - it is just lovely!!  Halo was opaque in 3 thin coats and dried in under 5 minutes to a shiny finish.  Bling Crosby's Christmas, aside from having an awesome name, is a glitter bomb full of various sized silver and holographic glitters.  This one could actually probably be a full coverage glitter, it's so dense with glitter!  This one also dried to a semi textured finish in under five minutes, and applied really evenly.  I decided to use it as a "french tip" accent with Halo, and I think it looks very pretty :)

The last set is "A Walk Through Eden" with "Pop The Bubbly:"








A Walk Through Eden is a divine forest green holographic polish that was opaque in 2 thin coats, applied evenly, and dried in under five minutes to a nice shiny finish.  Its holographic effect shows indoors as well as outdoors, too!  Pop the Bubbly is another glitter bomb packed with different sized and shaped gold and holographic glitters.  This one could also be a full-coverage glitter in probably 2 coats.  I decided to try a snazzy triangle accent on each nail with it, and I think it looks pretty spiffy!

This set is my first purchase from Smokey Mountain Lacquers (a brand that has been on my "want" list for a while), and it certainly won't be the last!  Shipping cost was more than reasonable AND super fast, and the price per polish for both sizes is also very reasonable.  And fyi, those bottles in the photos are the MINI size (with a FLAT brush!!) - great value for the cost!  Big thumbs up from me all around!

Here are some links for you:

Shop: Here

Facebook: Here

Instagram: Here

Twitter: Here

Tomorrow I'll be posting another design for Challenge Your Nail Art, so stay tuned!  See you soon <3

*NOTE: Links I provide are NOT affiliate (i.e. I get no kickback when you click on them through my blog).  I simply provide them for your convenience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment